Newton Abbot Town Council
New Covid-19 Lockdown Regulations.
From 17th May Summary as follows:-
- 1. Indoor gatherings are limited to 6 people or 2 households (each household can include a support bubble, if eligible). Outdoor gatherings will be limited to 30 people.
- 2. Meeting friends and family will emphasise personal responsibility. Exercise caution and consider the risks.
- 3. Indoor entertainment and attractions such as cinemas, theatres, concert halls, museums, children’s indoor play areas, bowling alleys, casinos and amusement arcades will be permitted to open with COVID secure measures in place.
- 4. People will be able to attend indoor and outdoor events, including live performances, sporting events and buissness events.
- 5. Indoor hospitality venues such as restaurants, pubs, bars and cafes can re-open.
- 6. Indoor sport will be able to take place, including gym classes.
- 7. Funeral attendance will no longer be limited but will be determined by how many people the COVID secure venue can safely hold with social distancing. Weddings, wakes and other commemorative events will be increased to 30..
For details of the full Regulations follow this link – https://www.gov.uk/guidance/covid-19-coronavirus-restrictions-what-you-can-and-cannot-do#how-the-rules-will-change-on-17-may
CASUAL VACANCY FOR THE BRADLEY WARD, NEWTON ABBOT
The Election for the Bradley Ward of Newton Abbot Town Council has now taken place. Alex James Hall was elected to the Newton Abbot Town Council.
Covid 19 (Coronavirus) – Advice and Support
For the latest Teignbridge District Council information please CLICK HERE
For the latest Teignbridge Support for Business Update please CLICK HERE
For the latest Government information please CLICK HERE
Covid-19 Toolkit by the Better Business For All Partnership. The toolkit provides useful documents such as a risk assessment template and action plan, business checklists and guides. https://www.heartofswgrowthhub.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/BBFA-Covid-19-Toolkit-v1-final.pdf
Should you need any advice and support at this difficult time, please contact –
Generally – https://www.pinpointdevon.co.uk/
Newton Abbot (Buckland) and Teignbridge – can deliver
THAT Foodbank (Teignbridge Homeless Action
THAT Place, 8 Queensway House, Buckland, Newton Abbot, TQ12 4BA.
Monday to Wednesday: 11am – 2pm. Thursday and Friday: 10am – 1pm.
Newton Abbot (Kingsteignton) – can deliver
HITS Foodbank (Homeless in Teignbridge
Abbrook Park, Strap Lane, Kingsteignton, Newton Abbot, TQ12 3PS.
Call to arrange. 01626 906371.
High Street Survey – Can you Help
As we anticipate the re-opening of our High Streets, please take a moment to complete this brief Post Corona HIGH STREET SURVEY’. https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/HHPPWTR
Avian Influenza (Bird Flu) – Prevention Zone
All poultry keepers in England (whether they have commercial flocks or just a few birds in a backyard flock) are required by law to take a range of biosecurity precautions. CLICK HERE to see more
For residents of Newton Abbot requiring the Town Council to sign their documents please be aware that we are still available to do these checks by appointment . To make an appointment please either email [email protected] or phone 01626 201120 and leave your name and telephone number and we will call you back to arrange an appointment.
Latest Council Agenda