The Town Council is involved with the following:
- Maintenance of various footpaths/seats in and around Newton Abbot.
- Use and maintenance of the Town Quay, off Brunel Road.
- Use and maintenance of Victoria Gardens, Victoria Place
- Maintenance of and the planting at the War Memorial in Queen Street.
- Marketing, operation and maintenance of St Leonards Clock tower (including the bells) Wolborough Street.
- Britain in Bloom entry in the regional competition and Organisation of the local Newton in Bloom floral competition.
- Maintenance and provision of bus shelters.
- Provision of allotment areas through the Newton Abbot & District Allotments Association
- Statutory consultee to the District Planning Authority on Major and all other planning applications.
- Consultee on all applications for naming of streets and numbering of houses and various services provided by the District Council.
- Pavement Cafe License
- Maintenance of the ancient Vicary's Mill Leat, Bradley.
- Newton Abbot Town & GWR Museum
Organisation of various events including:
- Victorian Evening
- The Historic Cheese and Onion Food Fayre
- Band Concerts
- Town Criers Competition
- Remembrance Service & parade
- Christmas Lights Switch-on
- Christmas Late Night Shopping
- Mayor's Carol Service
- Lantern Parade